Chicago Hope expresses the heart of Jesus in our community through educational and life skills programming that includes English as a Second Language classes and a food pantry serving approximately 400 people a month.
A.R.M.S. (Armitage Reaching Many Souls) was founded by Betty Cherry to share the love of Jesus with people in desperate straits living in dangerous neighborhoods. This mission is pursued through various outreaches and events.
The Chicago Armitage Urban Study Experience prepares men and women for effective urban ministry. We help participants gain the knowledge and understanding necessary for effective urban ministry, grow in compassion and zeal for the urban masses through one on one ministry, and develop skills for productive ministry through service alongside seasoned staff members in a thriving urban church.
- Explore the possibilities - Spend a week in Chicago and see what an internship at Armitage is all about. We’ll provide housing. All you need is transportation and funds for meals & miscellaneous expenses.
- Summer internship – This rewarding summer experience provides solid exposure to urban church ministry. The three-month term helps participants experience urban living in a dynamic inner-city ministry.
- One year internship – Our twelve-month internship is designed to thoroughly prepare men and women to minister in urban settings in America and around the world. This program involves quarterly objectives designed to broaden participants’ foundation of urban ministry knowledge and practical experience.
- Submit a completed Internship Application
- Participants must live in the city of Chicago for the duration of the internship.
- Participants must provide all necessary funds for housing, food and other needs for the duration of the internship.
If needed, we can provide advice and guidance in your fundraising efforts.